Biostatic Inhibitor Services, SC
Mold Prevention Experts
Looking to protect your home or business from mold? BioTek Environmental, your professional mold prevention service, will take care of your mold so you don’t have to. Contact us 24/7 to protect your home and family from the serious health risks of mold infestation.
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
We guarantee to offer you the lowest prices possible.
We carry the best and longest guarantee in the industry.
We use only environmentally safe procedures & products. Go Green!
High quality, trusted, and caring service since 1952.
The Benefits of Biostatic Coatings
History – Biostatic coating technology was developed during the 1970’s as an advanced antimicrobial agent. Due to toxic stabilizers, the technology was only suitable in the manufacturing industry. However, in the late 1990s a new biostatic chemical formulation was developed which removed the toxic stabilizers from the formulation. Today, biostatic formulations are water stabilized allowing for safe residential and commercial use. They are proven to be non-toxic, environmentally safe, and pose no known exposure hazards.
How They Work – The biostatic molecule is comprised of two parts – a polymer foot attached to a long chain of carbon-based molecules. When applied to a surface, the polymer foot covalently bonds to the surface while the carbon chain points away from the surface. In effect, the biostatic coating resembles a series of needles permanently attached to a surface. Through ionic attraction, microbes are drawn onto the biostatic molecule. Upon contact, the long chained molecules of the biostatic coating penetrate and burst the cell membrane of the microorganism. Without the containment of their cell wall, microbes quickly die. The biostatic coating never dulls or wears out.
Environmentally Safe – Because biostatic chemicals do not employ traditional antimicrobial poisons or heavy metals, they are environmentally safe. Biostatic coatings are stable and do not leach, outgas or volatilize. Their antimicrobial performance is achieved through a physical killing process. Accordingly, no toxic or poisonous compounds are present.
Antimicrobial Performance – The antimicrobial performance of biostatic coatings has been proven effective in test after test against a wide range of gram positive and gram negative bacteria, fungi, and algae. The antimicrobial benefits of biostatic chemicals have been used for decades in many industries. Today, biostatic technology is being widely used in the building and mold remediation industry as a safe and effective fungal inhibitor.
EPA Registered – The EPA mandates that all antimicrobial agents (including mold inhibitors) be registered. To achieve registration, the EPA reviews performance data, environmental safety data, and human exposure data. The registration process requires years of test documentation to ensure public and environmental safety. Several biostatic products have achieved EPA registration, however, only one water-stabilized version has been approved for general use (non-manufacturing).
BIOSTAT-500 – Biostatic Concentrate
Biostat-500 is a new breed of bonded antimicrobial coating technology. Biostat-500 is a professional grade biostatic treatment that inhibits damage and deterioration caused by bacteria, fungi, and algae growth. It is EPA registered for use on a wide range of building materials including wood, concrete, brick, and plastic.
Product Description – Biostat-500 is a concentrated, water based biostatic formula designed for the mold inhibitor industry, structural remediation industry, and the commercial cleaning industry. Biostat-500 is an EPA-registered microbiostatic disinfectant that provides long term antimicrobial performance on a wide range of approved surfaces. In addition to its outstanding biostatic properties, Biostat-500 incorporates a stabilized quaternary disinfectant. Unlike other quaternary disinfectants which quickly leach from surfaces, Biostat-500 has molecularly bonded the quat to a polymer molecule. This bonding stabilizes the quat for long term performance. This unique formulation achieves both exceptional biostatic and biocidal performance. Biostat-500 is a very durable, broad-spectrum antimicrobial which will control many disease producing bacteria, fungi (mold and mildew) and algae growth on treated surfaces. This proprietary and patented formulation contains no heavy metals or volatile compounds. Once applied to surfaces, Biostat-500 is chemically stable, non-toxic, it will not leach or outgass, and is environmentally friendly. It is safe to use on all approved natural and man-made surfaces and will not discolor fabrics or react with metals or natural surfaces. Approved Product Claims – Biostat-500 is an EPA registered antimicrobial.
The following product claims have been registered with the EPA:
- Biostat-500 is a residual biostatic inhibitor for use on residential and commercial construction to prevent mold and algae growth on building surfaces.
- Biostat-500 is an effective biostatic inhibitor for use on building materials to prevent surface damage and deterioration due to mold and algae growth.
- Approved for use on wood to prevent damage caused by mold growth.
- Approved for use on wood to prevent mold and algae growth.
- Apply to wooden building surfaces to prevent growth and damaged caused by mold and algae.
- Biostat-500 is a durable biostatic mold inhibitor.
- Imparts a residual microbiostatic property to treated surfaces.
- Biostat-500 helps prevent the spread of harmful germs on treated surfaces.
- Biostat-500 is a residual antimicrobial agent effective against common household germs.
- Biostat-500 is a residual antimicrobial agent effective against odor causing bacteria, mold and algae.
- Biostat-500 is a residual antimicrobial agent effective against mold and algae.
- Biostat-500 is residual bacteriostatic, fungistatic, algaestatic, disinfectant agent.
- Effective at controlling mold and algae growth on porous and non-porous surfaces.
- Use on carpet and upholstery to inhibit odor causing bacteria, mold, and algae that cause deterioration, staining and discoloration.
- Use on carpet and upholstery to inhibit the growth of bacteria, mold and algae.
- Provides an invisible microbiostatic coating to inhibit the growth of odor causing bacteria, mold, and algae.
- Prevents deterioration caused by bacteria, mold, and algae.
Approved Product Applications
The EPA has approved Biostat-500 for use on the following surfaces:
Common Surfaces – Chairs, desks, counter tops, door handles, common contact surfaces, bathroom surfaces, toilets, sinks, and kitchen surfaces,
Building Materials and Components – Wooden building materials, engineered lumber, plywood, flakeboard, oriented strand board, particle board, fiberboard, sheathing, decking or planking, wall board, vinyl siding, plastic siding, wood siding, concrete and concrete products, cinder blocks, brick, stone, ceiling tiles, architectural metal, louvers, vents, coping.
Roofing Materials – Wood shingles, composite shingles, asphalt shingles, roofing granules, tiles, membranes, underlayment, wood shakes, felt, stone, concrete, asphalt coating, synthetic coating.
Insulation Materials – Cellulose insulation, fiberglass insulation, panel insulation, rigid foam, expanded foam, moisture and wind fabric barriers.
General Use Materials – Vinyl, plastic, wood, laminate, concrete, tile, stone, wallboard, gypsum board, plaster, EIFS wall systems, fiberglass, synthetic stucco, cinder block, brick, siding, wall paper and wall coverings, carpet, underlayment, mats.
Fiber and Fabric Materials – Acetates, acrylics, cotton, fiberglass, nylon, lycra, polyester, polyethylene, polyolefins, polypropylene, rayon, spandex, vinyl, wool, orlon, silk, natural down, and blends of these fibers.
Application Instructions – Biostat-500 is intended for use by certified applicators. Prior to using the product, applicators should read label instructions and material safety data sheets (MSDS). Biostat-500 is a concentrate and must be diluted with water prior to use. Dilute twenty-two (22) ounces of Biostat-500 into one (1) gallon of tap water. Mix thoroughly.
Prior to Biostat-500 application, clean surfaces with OSC-500, MultiClean-Pro, or PowerClean-Max. Approved application methods include trigger spray, low pressure pump spray, high pressure airless sprayer and fog spray. Always follow application directions and keep out of reach of children.
- EPA Registered
- 30 Year Proven Residual Antimicrobial Performance
- One Application Bonds With Both Non-Porous and Porous Surfaces
- Environmentally Friendly
- Chemically Stable
- Will Not Leach or Outgas
- Safe For Use In Clothing and Skin Contact Materials
BioTek Environmental, Your Mold Prevention Specialists
With offices in Columbia, SC, Charleston, SC and Greenville, SC, BioTek Environmental, Inc. serves all of South Carolina, Western North Carolina and Eastern Georgia. We specialize in:
- Water and flood damage restoration and repair
- Residential and commercial mold prevention
- Moisture inspection & removal
- Antimicrobial technologies
- Indoor air quality solutions.
Our mission is to provide our clients with the most environmentally sound, technically advanced, and cost-effective solutions in the market.
24/7 emergency service available.